Friday, June 29, 2007

In memory of


This image is one of dozens I took of a pair of Canadian goslings from last summer.
Then one day they all moved to the far side of the pond, and the little ones disappeared, never to be seen again, the haunting sound of the adult pair as they searched the parameter of the pond calling and calling for their lost is still a stong memory. Each time I revisit these images I feel a sadness towards the gift of observing this young one during its first dangerous days here on earth.

2 comments:

Alex Shapiro said...

Oh, that's so touching, Ken!
Beautiful, beautiful photos you are posting here. What a pleasure to enjoy them.

:-)
Alex

Ken Serratt said...

Thanks Alex
I been thinking about you guys,
I just found I could change my settings to make anyone able to comment....rather than registered users...

I like your feedback, and you are my only commenter to date! Thanks again...
You guys still need to come visit!